Following on from WebFM’s success on over 150 health projects to date, OMTrak has been selected for the delivery of O&M Manuals and Defects Management on the Box Hill Redevelopment which is currently under construction and being managed by Baulderstone.
The Victorian Government has committed $447.5 million dollars for the redevelopment of the hospital which is scheduled for completion in 2015. The Department of Health, Eastern Health and Baulderstone are working together to deliver this healthcare facility.
The hospital will remain operational throughout the redevelopment and a new building (total area over 32,000 square metres) will be built on the site of the car park and former Clive Ward building, adjacent to the existing hospital building. It will be joined to the hospital via a stunning glass atrium.
Upon completion, the redeveloped Box Hill Hospital will be a contemporary, high quality, health care environment providing facilities for outpatient and inpatient care for people who have potentially severe medical conditions. The expanded hospital will accommodate 621 beds, an increase of more than 220 beds and provide:
– A larger emergency department that includes treatment, assessment and short stay beds
– A dedicated precinct for women and children’s services
– Eleven new operating theatres
– A new intensive care unit
– Expanded services for cardiology, cancer and renal patients
– Additional inpatient wards and
– Two floors of parking will be constructed under the building to provide 225 patient parking spaces.